- Whole Earth Catalog: Access to Tools and Ideas - A blast from the past.
- Obama Asks Congress to Delay DTV Transition - 1/8/2009 2:30:00 PM - Broadcasting & Cable - This sounds about right. The people it was going to be a problem for it still will be a problem for. "Brandon Burgess, chairman and CEO of Ion Media, the nation's largest station group owner with 60 outlets, said that given the Obama request, there is a "serious chance" that the date would move. He said that, personally, "it was disappointing. It's a lot like studying for an exam. Once you have studied, it doesn't really help to get an extra day." Burgess noted that there has been a billion dollars of promotion that has gone into the transition. "It doesn't get any better with an extra four months," he said."
- It’s Me, and Here’s My Proof: Why Identity and Authentication Must Remain Distinct - Among other things, why biometrics are usually insufficient as an authentication mechanism by themselves.
- Mark Simonson Studio / Notebook: Son of Typecasting - More typefaces in period TV and film.
- Typecasting - Obsessive compulsive :-) look at typography errors in film.
- Is Arial Dead Yet? - History of Arial. I hadn't realized that it's effectively been replaced in Vista.
Friday, January 09, 2009
Posted by Gordon Haff at 11:55 AM