- 50 Beautiful Examples Of Tilt-Shift Photography | Inspiration | Smashing Magazine - Great collection of "model" tilt-shift photos.
- MaryMaryQuiteContrary - About a 30 min David Douglas video on Sun's Cloud Computing strategy.
- Technology Review: New E-Paper Technology Speeds Up - We're apparently getting closer to color "e-ink" technologies--though still a few years out.
- Switcher's lament: The case against Mac | Apple - CNET News - Nice piece by Rafe about the practical difficulties of switching from a PC to a Mac. I just have to love this comment though: "Sounds like he is trying to use his MAC as a productivity PC which it is not marketed as nor is it really designed with that in mind." I must have missed the disclaimer in the Apple ads about only switching if you just your PC for fun stuff.
- YouTube - Shouting in the Datacenter - Impressive video of disk analytics from Sun's Fishworks team.
- YouPorn Vivid Entertainment Profile - Portfolio.com - Apparently the porn industry is finally being hurt by the Internet more than it's being helped.
- Typography flickr groups - There's so much amazing stuff on flickr.
- My top ten wishes for Lightroom in 2009 - Inside Lightroom - "There are so many ways to end up with double color management, or no management at all, and only a few ways to get correctly managed prints and they are often non-intuitive. Hardly any program manages to get this right but I find it astonishing that in 2009, 30 years after the introduction of the laser printer and 24 years after the introduction of affordable desktop publishing, this is still such a hard nut to crack."
Thursday, January 08, 2009
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:01 PM