- Irving Wladawsky-Berger: Indifference, Hostility, Isolation and Other Obstacles to a Healthy Innovation Environment - Management vs. leadership.
- Dan Heller's Photography Business Blog: Orphan Works Fallout? History may lend a clue. - Very detailed discussion of the Orphan Works Act.
- Uni. Washington and Microsoft Research collaborates on (yet another) mindblowing 3D photo viewer - istartedsomething - Microsoft is soing a lot of interesting research into what might be called "next generation" photography.
- EXILED ONLINE - MANKIND’S ONLY ALTERNATIVE » War Nerd: South Ossetia, The War of My Dreams - By Gary Brecher - Mean and wry--but pretty accurate methinks.
- Megan McArdle (August 11, 2008) - The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation: Sheer genius - This is hilarious. Driver's license suspended for underage drinking--at the age of 35.
- Nieman Reports - "The risk for journalism, of course, is that people spend all day Twittering and reading other people's Twitter entries and don't engage with the news in any other way." Good piece on twitter. Although I think it can become too much of a distraction if you let it.
- p2pnet news » Blog Archive » Could ‘legal free’ displace ‘illegal free’? - Long discussion. I'm not sure I came away with a lot.
- Welcome! | RiffTrax - At least some of the clips are fairly funny.
- TweetStats :: Graphin' Your Stats - Geekily interesting. Although, I suppose, could be used in more questionable ways as well.
- Code: Flickr Developer Blog » Location, keeping it real on the streets, yo! - I was just digging into geocoding a bit last week. It turns out to be surprisingly tricky at scales smaller than well-defined geographical boundaries. Watch this space. It's going to heat up as GPS increasingly embedded in things.
- Intel's Larrabee--more and less than meets the eye | Speeds and feeds - Technology analysis by Peter N. Glaskowsky - CNET News - Good in-depth analysis of Intel's Larrabee.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 9:52 AM