- Language on Twitter » Delusions of Adequacy - Interesting discussion about language on twitter. One of the challenges is that it's very much a mix of personal and professional with the way that individuals use it very dependent on the individual.
- The Wages of Pointless Rewrites - I don't have any knowledge of the backstory myself, but interesting perspective on delicious 2.0.
- Movie-O - Movie Trailers, DVD Releases, Reviews, Showtimes... - Interesting movie site that specializes in the facts behind movies based on real stories.
- Cloud versus cloud: A guided tour of Amazon, Google, AppNexus, and GoGrid | InfoWorld | Review | 2008-07-21 | By Peter Wayner - A review of some cloud offerings with an emphasis on SLAs.
- Open Source and Cloud Computing - O'Reilly Radar - Federation as one approach to transportability in the cloud.
- SEC says blogs = proper disclosure » mathewingram.com/work | - I mostly agree with Mathew here. It's a welcome change but there are all sorts of reasons that public companies will still tend to push out material announcements in a formal, legal-vetted form. It will probably be comporting for companies that if something gets mentioned in a blog but not a press release that it will be less cause for concerb, but I don't see them dispensing with the press release.
- Opt-in or opt-out? Street View case echoes privacy debate - I'm not sure how germane it is here; the Street Views opt-out process seems more a case of Google making the tradeoff that small incremental coverage isn't worth angry people. But the basic point about the war between opt-in and opt-out models is certainly true.
- Megan McArdle (July 31, 2008) - GDP: A few pictures are worth a book - Some interesting economic observations via world maps.
Friday, August 01, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 11:02 AM