- Amazon.com: The Commissar Vanishes: The Falsification of Photographs and Art in Stalin's Russia: David King: Books - Altering photos didn't start with Photoshop [via Dead Programmer's Cafe]
- Dartmouth Parity Email from Angus King - "I have some first hand experience with this democracy stuff and it is often cumbersome and sometimes downright annoying. But when you lose elections and keep losing, the idea is to figure out why and respond to the issues being raised, not simply change the rules so you don't have to cope with that pesky majority which disagrees with you."
- Desktop Virtualization: Prospective Winners and Losers | HaveMacWillBlog (aka Robin Bloor’s Blog) - Good rundown although I'm uncertain that desktop virtualization corrrelates to lower client revenues as seems to be the underlying assumption here.
- Inexperienced - Can I jump into D300? - Photo.net Nikon Forum - Good discussion on getting into digital. And, amen: "I used to shoot nothing but slide film where the only way to land the perfect image was to nail the exposure. " Just one of the things I love about digital. I have fond memories of darkrooms--but, at this point, don't really miss them.
- Gallery: 10 most annoying programs on the Internet | TechRepublic Photo Gallery - This is funny and I at least 75% agree.
- Megan McArdle (May 27, 2008) - Black and white and read less and less (Media) - This angle on the "unbundling" of newspapers is discussed less than others (such as investigative journalism). However, this post aligns well with my observations as well; blogs etc. are very spotty at covering local news/events.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 10:46 AM