- Oracle Confirms $285M Utah Data Center - Data Center Knowledge - Although this datacenter is for several purposes, this article highlights Oracle's On Demand business. It's logical/inevitable that large ISVs are getting into SaaS one way or another.
- How to Make Facebook Useful Again - ReadWriteWeb - "For true Facebook'ers, though, real email is for business only. Using Facebook (and MySpace) is how you talk to your friends. (The frightening implications of what this means to an I.T. department that is charged with email archiving for compliance purposes and yet doesn't block Facebook.com is a subject for another article!)" A lot of good thoughts in this post.
- 10 things you can do when Windows XP won’t boot | 10 Things | TechRepublic.com - A nice list--even if, in my experience, you spend a lot of time fiddling with this sort of thing and then you have to end up rebuilding the system from scratch anyway.
- Megan McArdle (May 19, 2008) - Nature, nurture, or what? - A lot of interesting discussion in the comments. I found myself going a lot "He's right" and, then. a minute later "No, he's right."
- Rough Type: Nicholas Carr's Blog: Cloud may squeeze margins, says Microsoft exec - "In five years, 50 percent of our Exchange mailboxes will be Exchange Online," said [Microsoft SVP] Capossela, who expects a portion of Exchange Online customers to come from customers switching from International Business Machines' Lotus Domino system."
- Distractions: Why Solitaire is Still Addictive - To be honest, I find the "mindless" computer games less interesting than I did before there was so much stuff on the Web I could waste time with :-)
- The Volokh Conspiracy - Dartmouth VRWC Yadda Yadda: - Todd Zywicki, who was elected as a petition trustee, on various matters related to the current fight over Dartmouth Board of Trustees representation.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 10:11 AM