- An Online Collection of Visualized Networks - ReadWriteWeb - I'm seeing a lot of interest in visualization these days. There's a lot of complex data to process.
- Amazon Web Services Blog: Orglex: Using AWS to Build Semantic Web Ontologies - These "ontologies" (essentially mapping relationships) are focused on several specific professional domains (which is where this sort of formal mechanism makes most sense).
- The Despair Inc. Blog » Your Own Printed DIY Demotivator Posters - Print your own demotivators!
- Beware of Freeconomics - ReadWriteWeb - A counterpoint worth reading. A related thought is that various cross-subsidies work far less well in a world where more and more things are "unbundled" (to use Nick Carr's term).
- Technology Review: Between Friends - Some social graphs visualization from Tech Review.
- China Eats Crow Over Faked Photo Of Rare Antelope - WSJ.com - Widely reprinted photo was a fake.
- Shark tour leader was warned of danger, diver says - CNN.com - You don't say: "The leader of a shark tour whose customer was mauled to death Saturday was warned that his practice of allowing people to swim close to hungry sharks could lead to tragedy, a colleague said."
- Tech Trader Daily - Barron’s Online : Apple: More On New Macs, Higher Margins, Weak iPods and iPhones; Where Has Steve Jobs Been Flying? - That's some air travel bill: "The company spent $550,000 on Steve’s airplane expenses in the quarter, which she says is 3x the average over the prior six quarters."
- Free! Why $0.00 Is the Future of Business - On the other hand, some things that people find useful but aren't willing to pay for may just go away.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 6:08 PM