- How Your Creepy Ex-Co-Workers Will Kill Facebook -- Facebook -- InformationWeek - This isn't particularly new but it's very perceptive.
- apophenia: just because we can, doesn't mean we should - "Being socially exposed is AOK when you hold a lot of privilege, when people cannot hold meaningful power over you, or when you can route around such efforts. Such is the life of most of the tech geeks living in Silicon Valley."
- (Really) Stunning Desktop Wallpapers | Graphics | Smashing Magazine - "desktop wallpapers related to typography, art, technology, photography and abstract themes."
- PlagiarismToday - » My Disappointment With Creative Commons - This mirrors a lot of my own thinking on the topic.
- Study: 6% of People Online Contribute 50% of Display Ad Clicks - ReadWriteWeb - "Heavy clickers skew towards Internet users between the ages of 25-44 and households with an income under $40,000,"
- Writers Strike Over and Still No Web Profits in Sight! | Kara Swisher | BoomTown | AllThingsD - "That there is precious little money being made online by anyone does not seem to have mattered, as the struggle metastasized into a symbolic battle over all the wrenching changes that digital technologies have made on the industry..."
- PicLens Brings Cover Flow-style Photo Viewing to the Web - ReadWriteWeb - Looks interesting.
- Presentation Zen: Deep or wide? You decide. - I've been listening to some MIT Open Course Ware lectures recently. The professor's approach there seems to be to deep dive into a few topics in lecture and leave the rest for independent reading or "recitation" sections with TAs.
- Wi-Fi Networking News: Starbucks Switches to AT&T, the Next Day - A lot more detail and background about the AT&T-Starbucks deal. I see this coming in very handy when I'm traveling.
- Digital Camera Batteries Chargers Memory Cards Readers - I need some new/extra Lithium-ion camera batteries. This outfit seems to be highly recommended on photo.net. (My impression of Canon brand is they're about 4x price and nothing great.)
- Exclusive Lifehacker Download: DVD Rip Automates One-Click DVD Ripping - The comments collectively give a pretty good overview of what's available for ripping DVDs these days.
- VirtualBox_architecture - VirtualBox - A good detailed overview of the VirtualBox architecture.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 1:02 PM