Tuesday, March 01, 2016

2016 MIT Sloan CIO Symposium

Logo 2015

I just received a notice for this year’s MIT Sloan CIO Symposium that’s happening at MIT on May 18. I’ve covered it as press for a number of years; here’s my story from last year. It always has good speakers (with a nice mix of business and academic)—as well as panels that are better than the norm at conferences. 

This year’s theme is “Thriving in the Digital Economy” with topics including:

  • Impact digital has on the nature of work, the workplace, and innovation
  • Big Data 2.0 [1] and Data’s Strategic Role
  • Platform Strategies, IoT, Cybersecurity, and Blockchain

I’m particularly interested in the blockchain session which Julio Faura of Santander is giving.

A call for applications for the Innovation Showcase which will feature 10 early-stage companies that are providing "innovative and valuable IT solutions” at the event is also now open. Deadline for submissions is March 26. 

[1] I’m not so sure we ever really achieved Big Data 1.0, but I digress.

No comments: