- Target Missed Alarms in Epic Hack of Credit Card Data - Businessweek - Very detailed write-up.
- United Hub - Watch inflight movies and TV on your personal device - News - This is nice but, ref: all the whining in the comments, don't frequent travelers just buy and pre-load tablets these days. If not, why not? When there's personalized in-flight entertainment, I sometimes use it but it's WAY down my list of things that are important to me on a flight.
- Twitter / WIRED: East Coast snowstorm spawns ... - RT @WIRED: East Coast snowstorm spawns most hilariously comprehensive forecast ever
- The 25 Best Movies About American Politics | Vanity Fair - Interesting list with lots of movies I'm not familiar with but may want to check out one of these days. I'd probably have included The Good Shepherd; it's predominantly about the CIA but other films have similar tangential connections. Primary Colors should probably be there though it's not great. Nashville? Though it's an Altman film I never especially connected with. But a good list. There's nothing that pops to mind as seriously missing.
- David Attenborough narrates curling
- Silicon Valley’s Youth Problem - NYTimes.com
- The NoSQL “Family Tree” | Cloudant - This is maybe TOO simplistic but seems to give a reasonable overview.
- 10 Brand Websites On The First Day - Business Insider - Of course, they're still ugly but today it's because they paid lots of money for web designers to assault the senses with a vast spewing of content at the viewer.
- DevNation - New DevNation event has speaker line-up from jQuery, NetFlix, Facebook, Twitter, & more!
- Tell us why you love TiVo - I think I'm going to be violently ill:
- CIOs have a mandate to innovate | The Enterprisers Project - Business transformation and the CIO role from HBR
- Irving Wladawsky-Berger: Big-Bang Disruptions: The Innovator’s Dilemma in the Digital Economy - "Big-bang disruptions are often unplanned and unintentional. They are typically discovered through continuous market experimentation. They upend the conventional thinking on strategy, marketing and innovation, giving rise to a new set of business rules. “Nearly everything you think you know about strategy and innovation is wrong,” they note."
- 22-pound pet cat holds family hostage until police arrive - latimes.com - This is hilarious:
- Red Hat Announces Certification for Containerized Applications, Extends Customer Confidence and Trust to the Cloud - MarketWatch - RT @asheshbadani: @RedHatNews announces app container certification with @docker for @RHELdevelop and @openshift
- Fixing Fsync - Good discussion on fsync by @Obdurodon here:
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Posted by Gordon Haff at 1:41 PM