- How PR landed humans on the moon | Articles | Home - "With all the recent hoopla about how online content serves as a tool for public relations, few people realize that content has been around as a PR tool for more than 50 years. The greatest story never told (until now) about content as a marketing tool is that it helped to deliver humans to the moon in the late 1960s and early 1970s. While everybody is looking for the next big thing in public relations, I found inspiration by going back half a century."
- Intel’s Sharp-Eyed Social Scientist - NYTimes.com
- Klaus Teuber, the Man Who Built The Settlers of Catan : The New Yorker
- Paddy Chayefsky: The Dark Prophet of ‘Network’ News - The Daily Beast - "When you watch Network now, even the extremest of conversations—the idea of actually killing someone live on air—is not an exactly alien stretch of our reality TV-soaked imaginations. Chayefsky forecast perfectly the changing universe of TV news, with news ceding ground to entertainment, blowhard posturing, personality and extremity."
- It's time for Netflix to stop acting like television - The Week
- The National Map
- George Packer: Is Amazon Bad for Books? : The New Yorker
- London’s West End, a Stage for Good Eating - NYTimes.com
- Watch actual members of Congress read lines from House of Cards - The Week - RT @TheWeek: 'House of Cards' sounds even more chilling when real-life congressmen act it out:
- Instapainting Turns Your Photos Into Hand-Painted Oil Paintings On The Cheap | TechCrunch
- NC snow meme: Attack on Glenwood Ave :: WRAL.com - North Carolina snow meme
Monday, February 17, 2014
Posted by Gordon Haff at 3:02 PM