- Can Containers and Configuration Management Co-exist? | Puppet Labs - "As a result of these diverse management needs, and combined with the need to manage Docker itself, I think we'll see both Docker and configuration management tools being deployed in the majority of organizations. Indeed I can see the potential for some incredibly powerful deployments tools that combine containers, configuration management, continuous integration, continuous delivery and service orchestration."
- FCC vote opens door to end ban on in-flight calls | Mobile - CNET News - "The FAA is the expert agency on determining which devices can be used on airplanes," he said at a congressional oversight hearing earlier on Thursday. "The FCC is the expert agency when it comes to technical communications issues. We are not the Federal Courtesy Commission. Our mandate from Congress is to oversee how networks function. Technology has produced a new network reality recognized by governments and airlines around the world. Our responsibility is to recognize that new reality's impact on our old rules."
- RESEARCH PAPER: Dell and Red Hat Collaborate to Deliver OpenStack for Enterprise | Moor Insights & Strategy - RT @PatrickMoorhead: Dell and Red Hat Collaborate to Deliver OpenStack for Enterprise : #DellWorld #RedHat #OpenStack
- Completion data for MOOCs - The Ed Techie - Interesting data. One tidbit is that the higher the enrollment, the lower the completion rate tends to be.
- How to Interpret a Satellite Image: Five Tips and Strategies : Feature Articles
- Dell and Red Hat to Co-Engineer Enterprise-Grade, OpenStack Private Cloud Solutions | Business Wire - Press release on Red Hat and Dell OpenStack announcement:
- The Vaccination Effect: 100 Million Cases of Contagious Disease Prevented - NYTimes.com - "The journal article is one example of the kind of analysis that can be done when enormous data sets are built and mined. The project, which started in 2009, required assembling 88 million reports of individual cases of disease, much of it from the weekly morbidity reports in the library of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "
- Jimmy Kimmel Reminds Viewers Just How Sensitive Los Angeles Reporters Are To 'Cold' Weather (Video) - TheWrap - RT @valleyhack: This is pretty good. The horrors of Southern Californians trying to come to grips with a cool breeze
- Twitter / ghaff: Having a post hit HN sort of ... - Having a post hit HN sort of blows out one's average blog readership numbers (even though they're not bad) :-)
- openshift-pep/openshift-pep-010-docker-cartridges.md at master · openshift/openshift-pep · GitHub - RT @gshipley: True opensource PaaS.Contributors welcome w/out having to sign a release.Help design future cartridges using docker!
Friday, December 13, 2013
Posted by Gordon Haff at 10:59 AM