- How Land Rover, England's Ugliest Station Wagon, Became One of the World's Most Luxurious Brands | Adweek
- If We Still Used Punch Cards - YouTube - RT @LivingComputers: In this video @GHaff uses concise visuals to demonstrate punched card obsolescence:
- Twitter / ghaff: Hmm. Bing's running this Bing ... - Hmm. Bing's running this Bing vs. Google web search contest. Were smoked in my (blind) trial.
- The 5th Tenet of Open Hybrid Cloud: Start With an IaaS Private Cloud | tentenet.net - An under-the-covers look at #redhat technologies for hybrid IaaS by @bryanwche
- Mary Meeker’s 2013 internet trends: all the slides plus highlights - Quartz
- Doc Searls Weblog · Let’s help Airbnb rebuild the bridge it just burned - Not to defend Airbnb here, but I suspect we're going to see a lot of stress points as sharing services try to move out of the margins to something more mainstream.
- Forecast 2013 Registration - RT @opendatacenter: Enterprise tends to turn to private #cloud, but will it stay that way? @ghaff will discuss on a panel at #Forecast13:
- Why Do Not Track is destined to fail (DNT is DOA) | getwired.com - "Rather than driving efforts like DNT, which fundamentally cannot occur (in the manner users think those words mean “do not track”), we’d do a lot better as an industry to drive standards that delineate what types of information a specific site or tracking engine like Google Analytics or Adobe’s Omniture products can collect on you. But even if you throw those back at users, they’ll be overwhelmed. Perhaps the best angle is to reinforce that no activity on the Internet is totally anonymous, and no matter how hard you try, you cannot ever completely prevent being tracked."
- On the Internet, Nobody Knows You're a Dog
- NetAppVoice: Securing The Cloud: Why You Need Cast-Iron Guarantees - Forbes
- Data Science eBook by Analyticbridge - 2nd Edition - Data Science Central
- Memo to this year’s YC class: It’s damn hard to build an enterprise company | PandoDaily - RT @utollwi: Memo to this year’s YC class: It’s damn hard to build an enterprise company #SaaS
- http://maps.bpl.org's photos. - RT @flickrock: @ghaff Check out that Flick gallery using Flickrock!
- Flickr: Norman B. Leventhal Map Center at the BPL's Photostream - Cool map resource on Flickr from the Boston Public Library
- Google IO — Benedict Evans - "My main impression of Google IO was not so much any specific announcement as the overwhelming sense of ambition and self-confidence."
Friday, May 31, 2013
Posted by Gordon Haff at 9:03 AM