- Photographer Shares His Lightning Quick Lightroom Workflow
- Python 3 Metaprogramming - YouTube
- Has Intel finally landed that elusive Atom deal? | ITworld - RT @apatrizio: My debut blog with ITworld on the chips biz: rumors of an #Atom-powered #Samsung #Galaxy tab.
- New Orleans Buck
- (403) http://blogs.forrester.com/james_staten/13-05-16-hybrid_cloud_future_too_late - RT @Staten7: Hybrid Cloud? You are already hybrid. The question: What are you doing about it? #Forr blog: @stefanried
- Twitter / krishnan: Best definition of PaaS I have ... - RT @sravish: HILARIOUS (and perhaps true?) -> “@krishnan: Best definition of PaaS I have come across - ”
- Making Big Data Technologies Work in the Enterprise - “A lot of the architectures and products that technology managers may have been accustomed to for traditional transactional activity don’t map well to a big-data world,” says Gordon Haff, corporate technology evangelist at Red Hat and the author of Computing Next, a book on cloud computing. “You very much need to think about an architecture in the context of big data.”
- Ten years on: How did that cloud strategy pan out? • The Register
- www.martinlamonica.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Making-Big-Data-Technologies-Work-in-the-Enterprise.pdf - Nice piece on big data techs for enterprise by @mlamonica (w quotes from me)
- Netflix, Reed Hastings Survive Missteps to Join Silicon Valley's Elite - Businessweek
- 'Weeds' Creator Kohan Dishes on How Netflix Drives Hollywood Insane - Businessweek
- The Serious Superficiality of The Great Gatsby : The New Yorker - "Baz Luhrmann’s “The Great Gatsby” is lurid, shallow, glamorous, trashy, tasteless, seductive, sentimental, aloof, and artificial. It’s an excellent adaptation, in other words, of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s melodramatic American classic. Luhrmann, as expected, has turned “Gatsby” into a theme-park ride. But he’s done it in exactly the right way. He hasn’t tried to make the novel more respectable, intellectual, or realistic. Instead, he’s taken “The Great Gatsby” very seriously just as it is."
- Twitter / Caterina: LinkedIn says I could apply ... - RT @Caterina: LinkedIn says I could apply to be Sr. Product Manager of Mobile for Flickr! Plus some other jobs. Woo!
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:39 PM