- Twitter’s human-powered search is the present and future of AI — Tech News and Analysis
- Demystifying Cloud - "- Multi-hypervisor strategies are real and fueled by private cloud adoption - The public cloud constitutes the third most common hypervisor and must therefore be governed by the private cloud - Workload portability and cloud bursting are becoming more and more critical - Converged infrastructure is becoming more popular as a foundation for cloud"
- All computing isn’t equal: Here are the four types — Tech News and Analysis - Interesting cut at a taxonomy.
- Time To Stop Forgiving Cloud Providers for Repeated Failures | Andi Mann – Ubergeek - "While poorly run in-house IT abounds, I do know many enterprise IT shops that maintain better uptime than cloud service providers, and for very good reason. Cloud is immature as an IT discipline, and almost by definition embodies greater risk."
- (404) http://t.co/p0JN - RT @AndiMann: My new book "The Innovative #CIO" - tips, stories, examples & more on driving business+IT #innovation ...
- Houston, We Have Cloud | F5 DevCentral - "Despite the growing view that cloud security is a joint, shared responsibility between customer and provider, it is enterprise IT that must put into place the mechanisms for both controlling and proving control over data and access, not cloud providers or integrators. The provider can offer services designed to provide that control, but it is not the one that must implement the polices or report on their effectiveness."
- OpenShift PaaS Week in Review - January 6, 2012 | OpenShift by Red Hat - Here's a recap of all the great info that's been added recently to the #redhat #openshift blog
- Qualcomm's insane CES 2013 keynote in pictures and tweets | The Verge
- Amazon's Cloud Revenues, Examined - Cloud-computing - Infrastructure - Macquarie projected AWS 2013 revenues of $3.8 billion; 2014 revenues of $6.2 billion; and 2015 revenues of $8.8 billion, according to lead analyst Benjamin Schachter, who was cited by ZDNet in a report yesterday.
- 21 Emotions For Which There Are No English Words [Infographic] | Popular Science -
- Adobe Community: Recommendations for laptop specs to run CS2 and FrameMaker 8 - Adobe has pretty much screwed up wrt CS2 situation. They've put themselves in worst of 2 worlds
- Waving TDF Long Tail « The Document Foundation Blog - RT @florian_monfort: Guess who's biggest contributor to #libreoffice ?! Caolan Mcnamara from Red Hat!
Wednesday, January 09, 2013
Posted by Gordon Haff at 1:59 PM