- Why the feds keep stumbling in the cloud | Cloud Computing - InfoWorld - "Most government agencies need guidance on deployment, including assistance through the lifecycle of cloud implementation and migration. Although some federal IT contractors are trying to step up to the challenge, the vast majority have merely cloud-washed their government IT services groups and only add to the confusion."
- Yankee Group saved by 451 acquisition - "If 451 had not bought the debt-laden firm, it would probably have closed."
- (404) http://t.co/0gBFSR - RT @jessleber: "Inexpensive labor has defined the last decade in manufacturing. The future may belong to technology." ...
- Intermission: Possibly the World's Oldest Dashcam Footage | Living on GOOD
- Big data versus instinct fight continues - "Ultimately, I'm not sure there is a right or wrong answer here. Clearly, the more data we have, the better decisions we can make, but it doesn't mean that we can measure everything or use technology to make every decision. The human factor, for better or worse, will always come into play whether we choose to acknowledge that or not."
- CES 2013: The Verge preview | The Verge - "In many ways, CES is just a week-long excuse for the TV industry to tell itself elaborate lies about what people will buy."
- 451 CAOS Theory » On the rise and fall of the GNU GPL - Update on open source licensing trends by @maslett
- This year in cloud: Amazon-almost-all-the-time and the other 5 top stories of 2012 — Cloud Computing News - Not sure about the Europe angle but otherwise great list of top cloud 2012 stories/trends by @gigabarb
Friday, January 04, 2013
Posted by Gordon Haff at 11:21 AM