- Amazon same-day delivery: How the e-commerce giant will destroy local retail. - Slate Magazine
- Economically Healthy 'Daily Planet' Now Most Unrealistic Part Of Superman Universe | The Onion - America's Finest News Source - ""I can totally buy into an epic battle in which Superman claps his hands and creates a sonic boom that sends Darkseid flying through 50 buildings," lifelong reader Richard Taft said. "But as soon as people start lining up at newsstands to read about it in The Daily Planet, I think, 'Doesn't anyone have a computer at work? Are there no smartphones?' Before I know it, I'm suddenly aware I'm reading a fictional comic book, and the spell's totally broken.""
- Don't Mean To Be Alarmist, But The TV Business May Be Starting To Collapse - Business Insider - I know I'm very near to canceling all but very basic cable.
- Getting Started with OpenShift Origin Security in the Cloud | OpenShift by Red Hat - RT @emorisse: #PaaS security in depth
- Is There Big Money in Big Data? - Technology Review - Nice dose of Big Data skepticism from Wharton's Peter Fader in @techreview
- Crossdressing, Compression and Colliders: The First Photo on the Web | Motherboard
- Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols: The perils of BYOD - Computerworld - I don't agree with all of this, but some of the concerns are legit.
- Relativistic Baseball
- Twitter cuts off service to LinkedIn, API changes draw ire - Tech Talk - CBS News - re: Twitter/LinkedIn API service stuff--can't say I'm much of a fan of auto cross-posting generally
- CERN scientists inexplicably present Higgs boson findings in Comic Sans | The Verge - RT @MargaretWallace: RT @brainpicker: Science nerds vs. type nerds, go: #higgsbosoncomicsansgodlessness << ROFL
- The Photographic Periodic Table of the Elements
- Instagram - Cloud section of #redhat booth
- Instagram - Checked in for #redhat Summit
- Pricing | OpenShift by Red Hat - #redhat #openshift pricing announced!
- O Fortuna misheard lyrics. [VIDEO] - For any Carmina Burana fans
- Windows 8's downfall still doesn't give Linux a chance | ZDNet - "Off-the-record discussions I’ve had with my contacts inside some of the world’s largest hardware OEMs suggest that there’s an incredible amount of apprehension over how Windows 8 will be received, and what effect this will have on their bottom line."
- Getting Away with It by Paul Krugman and Robin Wells | The New York Review of Books
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Posted by Gordon Haff at 9:46 AM