- River Maps « somethingaboutmaps
- Freeform Comment: Big data storage technologies - "When we look at managing the data explosion, we can boil it down to three core elements that are commonly referred to as the ‘Three Vs’ - namely Volume, Velocity and Variety"
- Instagram - Dinner at CIA in Napa
- No, a 14-year-old didn't invent email in 1978 - Input Output
- Gallery: Dead technologies Gen-Y and younger will only find in old movies and TV | ZDNet - Quite cool. Even if it does make me feel old.
- The Story Behind the Olympus Scandal - BusinessWeek - RT @stshank: Good long blow-by-blow piece on the Olympus scandal in BW << bumped to Instapaper f tomorrow's flight.
- The Netflix Tech Blog: 5 Lessons We’ve Learned Using AWS - "When designing customer-facing software for a cloud environment, it is all about managing down expected overall latency of response. AWS is built around a model of sharing resources; hardware, network, storage, etc. Co-tenancy can introduce variance in throughput at any level of the stack. You’ve got to either be willing to abandon any specific subtask, or manage your resources within AWS to avoid co-tenancy where you must."
- Plug It In | Blog | Tesla Motors - Tesla is doing a really piss-poor job of PR around the battery discharge matter IMO
- Whatever Happened to First Class? - NYTimes.com - In my experience domestic first class never (for values of ~ last 20 yrs) huge upgrade other seat size & leg room
- So how much is a fair price to pay for an e-book? | Digital Media - CNET News - Per comments here, many assume printing/distrib larger % of physical books than reality
Monday, February 27, 2012
Posted by Gordon Haff at 11:25 AM