- Flickr Is Getting a Major Makeover | Betabeat — News, gossip and intel from Silicon Alley 2.0. - Apparently flickr is going to roll out major interface changes
- What made Deep Throat leak? | Jack Shafer - "Leak, to be published Mar. 6, vindicates journalist Edward Jay Epstein, one of the earliest critics of Woodsteinmania. In a Commentary piece published in July 1974, about a month after the Woodstein book came out, Epstein eviscerates what he calls the “sustaining myth of journalism.” Naïve readers believe that intrepid reporters expose government scandals by doggedly working their confidential sources. Of course such scoops do occur, but the more conventional route to a prize-winning series is well-placed leaks from well-oiled government investigations, which Holland maintains was the case with Watergate."
- Project Narwhal: How a top-secret Obama campaign program could change the 2012 race. - Slate Magazine - "This year, however, as part of a project code-named Narwhal, Obama’s team is working to link once completely separate repositories of information so that every fact gathered about a voter is available to every arm of the campaign. Such information-sharing would allow the person who crafts a provocative email about contraception to send it only to women with whom canvassers have personally discussed reproductive views or whom data-mining targeters have pinpointed as likely to be friendly to Obama’s views on the issue."
- Political, personal struggles in China - Boston.com - I pretty much agree with the Boston Globe review of Wild Swans, both the good and the not so good.
- Dell's Predicament by Dustin Curtis - "While productive corporate employees might not give up PCs, the vast majority of other workers will. That is not industry growth; that is transition and consolidation. When thinking in the long term, Dell's PC group can be basically ignored. It's the end of an era, and it puts the company in a terrifying predicament. There is now no clear end game for Dell, and the company's core competencies are being rendered irrelevant by evolution."
- Six Ways Boston’s Museums are Utilizing Social Media to Bring Their Exhibits to Life | BostInno
- FINALISTS: 2011 Nebula Awards (With Free Fiction Links!) - SF Signal – A Speculative Fiction Blog
- Paintings of the Americas | Museum of Fine Arts, Boston - The MFA catalog of American paintings is now online
- Making Hybrid Real: Disambiguation via Operations | Ferris f(x) - Hybrid clouds by @mikeferris
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Posted by Gordon Haff at 10:32 AM