- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers - Businessweek - "“Operations expertise is as big an asset for Apple as product innovation or marketing,” says Mike Fawkes, the former supply-chain chief at Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) and now a venture capitalist with VantagePoint Capital Partners. “They’ve taken operational excellence to a level never seen before.”"
- Can a Commercial Be Too Sexy For Its Own Good? Ask Axe - Martin Lindstrom - Business - The Atlantic - "However, the brand's early success soon began to backﬁre. The problem was, the ads had worked too well in persuading the Insecure Novices and Enthusiastic Novices to buy the product. Geeks and dorks everywhere were now buying Axe by the caseload, and it was hurting the brand's image. Eventually (in the United States, at least), to most high-school and college-age males, Axe had essentially become the brand for pathetic losers and, not surprisingly, sales took a huge hit. "
- Tarmac delays traced to lack of buses to ferry fliers - USATODAY.com - Rt @flight_status10: Tarmac delays traced to lack of buses to ferry fliers << airports too dependent on jetbridges
- Daring Fireball: The Type of Companies That Publish Future Concept Videos - "I’m not arguing that making concept videos directly leads to a lack of traction in the current market. I’m arguing that making concept videos is a sign of a company that has a lack of institutional focus on the present and near-present. Can you imagine a sports team in the midst of a present-day losing season that makes a video imagining a future championship 10 years out?" << Mostly agree.
- How Groupon Was Founded - Nice, detailed rundown on groupon history.
Friday, November 04, 2011
Posted by Gordon Haff at 10:26 AM