- Half Pregnant Is No Way To Live: What We Learned From Iron Mountain Digital - Wikibon - "Iron Mountain’s biggest struggle with its digital business was an inability to extend these products beyond their core customer base. The reality here is OEM partners never really wanted them to be anything more than the “Iron Mountain” for physical records. Anything that looked or smelled like a business that was competitive to its partners was going to be an uphill battle. That is, unless the company wanted to disrupt its broader go-to-market strategy, invest heavily in its direct digital sales force, and compete head on with these OEMs. Unwilling to go all in, they were stuck in a box."
- A historical look at Cloud Computing - Inside Enterprise IT - Enterprise - Dell Community
- Summary of the Amazon EC2 and Amazon RDS Service Disruption
- Under the Radar Introduces New Set of Fresh-Idea Companies - Cloud Computing - News & Reviews - eWeek.com
- AVOS - So del.icio.us has a new home. Glad to hear it. I use delicious a lot.
- Stop Blaming the Customers - the Fault is on Amazon Web Services - ReadWriteCloud
- Amazon EC2 outage: summary and lessons learned « RightScale Blog - Very good analysis of the outage.
- Cloud hosting vs colocation - Chris Chandler's posterous - Good cost analysis. Of course, the results will vary by your assumptions.
- If Ikea sold cars | Eduardo Porter
Monday, May 02, 2011
Posted by Gordon Haff at 11:01 AM