- For the Class of 2014, No E-Mail or Wristwatches - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com - "Another insight that shows how quickly things change is this one: The class of 2014 has “never recognized that pointing to their wrists was a request for the time of day.” They don’t own watches and instead use their cellphones to tell the time."
- Ray Kurzweil does not understand the brain : Pharyngula - "There he goes again, making up nonsense and making ridiculous claims that have no relationship to reality. Ray Kurzweil must be able to spin out a good line of bafflegab, because he seems to have the tech media convinced that he's a genius, when he's actually just another Deepak Chopra for the computer science cognoscenti."
- NeuroLogica Blog » Banning Wi-Fi From Schools - Alas, some nutcases actually buy the WiFi is killing us meme.
- Miscellanea » Archive » The Truth About Wireless Devices - Priceless.
- Rumored iTV Could Pave Way for Apple-Connected Television | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD - If Apple succeeds with v2 of Apple TV, heads should roll over at Xbox (some of which admittedly already have).
- No Yak Shaving! - TheOpenForce.com - Oh my. I've had this happen a lot of times when I've needed to do something on my computer and, before you know it, I'm rebuilding the system.
- Headius: My Thoughts on Oracle v Google
- Robo-James’ Time Machine: M-M-M-Max Headroom - Tuned In - TIME.com - I've been waiting for this.
- Talking Business - The Real Reason for Ousting H.P.’s Chief - NYTimes.com
- BW Online | May 21, 2001 | Commentary: Sorry, Steve: Here's Why Apple Stores Won't Work - Interesting blast from the past via HN.
- If Historical Events had Facebook Statuses | Cool Material
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 3:13 PM