- Amazon Media Room: Amazon.com Now Selling More Kindle Books Than Hardcover Books - "Over the past three months, for every 100 hardcover books Amazon.com has sold, it has sold 143 Kindle books. Over the past month, for every 100 hardcover books Amazon.com has sold, it has sold 180 Kindle books. This is across Amazon.com's entire U.S. book business and includes sales of hardcover books where there is no Kindle edition. Free Kindle books are excluded and if included would make the number even higher. " Striking given that my perception of the Kindle is that's it's somewhat of a niche device. Of course, Amazon is hardly the only source of hardcovers but still...
- ‘I’m Going to Go Call Ralph and Yell at Him.’ - "For Apple, the idea of restricting the iPhone was akin to asking Steve Jobs to ditch the black turtleneck. “They tried to have that conversation with us a number of times,” says someone from Apple who was in the meetings. “We consistently said ‘No, we are not going to mess up the consumer experience on the iPhone to make your network tenable.’ They’d always end up saying, ‘We’re going to have to escalate this to senior AT&T executives,’ and we always said, ‘Fine, we’ll escalate it to Steve and see who wins.’ I think history has demonstrated how that turned out.”"
- VMware Project Redwood = Dead Wood? » ocb - Citrix Community - The always quotable Mr. Crosby.
- We have met Antennagate, and it is us - Good piece. Not that there's an answer.
- Cloud Computing in the Public Sector | Andi Mann – Übergeek - Nice summary and analysis of subject topic.
- Google and the Value of Social Networking - More on the Google doesn't do social meme making the rounds.
- Technology Review: Blogs: Guest Blog: Did Whites Flee the 'Digital Ghetto' of MySpace?
- How Will You Measure Your Life? - Harvard Business Review - By Clayton Christensen
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 8:39 AM