- The Oil Drum | What caused the Deepwater Horizon disaster? - The best technical analysis I've seen to date.
- What is data science? - O'Reilly Radar
- Top Of The Food Chain: Hanger Steak – Eat Me Daily
- Programmer 101: Teach Yourself How to Code
- Incomplete Thought: The DevOps Disconnect | Rational Survivability - "In many presentations promoting DevOps, developers are shown to have evolved in practice and methodology, but operators (of all kinds) are described as being stuck in the dark ages. DevOps evangelists paint a picture that compares and contrasts the Agile-based, reusable componentized, source-controlled, team-based and integrated approach of “evolved” development environments with that of loosely-scripted, poorly-automated, inefficient, individually-contributed, undisciplined, non-source-controlled operations. You can see how this might be just a tad off-putting to some people."
- Is Digital Revolution Driving Decline in U.S. Car Culture? - Advertising Age - Digital - Interesting--although any such relationships are inevitably complicated and diffuse.
- Are you still in a "fog" over cloud computing? - CA on Service Management - "Cloud computing is about bringing together many existing technologies and approaches in a new way for delivering and consuming technology as services."
- 'Zero clients' promise to replace fat clients but have downsides
- Rough Type: Nicholas Carr's Blog: Experiments in delinkification - I actually struggle with this with respect to footnotes as well. I tend to favor inline footnotes for context and parentheticals but, for one thing, this format doesn't fit well with digital formats.
- Can Asus take on iPad with Eee Pad, Eee Tablet? | Crave - CNET - Styli seem to have been almost written off at this point and I think that's premature.
Thursday, June 03, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:32 AM