- 451 CAOS Theory » On the fall and rise of the GNU GPL - I'd summarize this as "Things haven't really changed much."
- How students use Wikipedia - I find this a generally encouraging study as it indicates that (at college level anyway) Wikipedia gets used as one source of information rather than the single canonical source.
- What is LR-DIMM , LRDIMM Memory ? ( Load-Reduce DIMM)
- Decline of Food Critics: WSJ Loses a Restaurant Reviewer - TIME - "Now, thanks to all the things the ancient regime most loathes — the Food Network, Top Chef, Eater and other blogs, Tony Bourdain, Momofuku mania, Rachael Ray, celebrity-chef restaurants — America has become as turned on by food as any Ford-era gourmand. But they lack the one thing that the old guard has in spades: perspective."
- Beyond The Hurt Locker: The 10 Greatest War Movies (Ever) - Jinni Blog - Not a bad list though I'd probably put Das Boot and All Quiet on the Western Front in there somewhere (probably instead of Platoon and maybe Full Metal Jacket.
- Is Jaron Lanier just a hater, or should we be paying attention? | opensource.com - "Jaron is definitely channeling Ayn Rand when it comes to his belief in the importance of the individual creator, which explains why he dislikes Wikipedia so much. I think he makes some good points, especially regarding the dangers of anonymous authorship (leads to lack of accountability) and the need for transparency in authorship (certainly not one of Wikipedia's strengths)."
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Posted by Gordon Haff at 10:15 AM