- Coding Horror: Preserving Our Digital Pre-History - In many respects, preserving digital history is more haphazard than it probably should be.
- Google: Android fragmentation not 'bad thing' • The Register - The keys to Android are 1. how different are targets wrt developer? 2. how many targets? how big targets?
- Chuck's Blog: The VCE Coalition: Redrawing The Landscape - EMC's Chuck Hollis on the integrated stack.
- Is Verizon Being Unfair to AT&T in 3G Map Comparisons? - Wi-Fi Networking News - Succinct backgrounder of the technical aspects of Verizon vs. AT&T 3G network coverage.
- AT&T sues Verizon over 'there's a map for that' ads - A lot of predictable fanboism on both sides of this issue. Without subscribing to the "People who don't know what 3G is shouldn't be allowed to own a phone extreme," it does seem to me that the commercials clearly emphasize connection performance and don't (to me anyway) suggest that they're talking about overall coverage. Of course, lots of ads include disclaimers and qualifiers of various sorts and perhaps some such is appropriate here.
Thursday, November 05, 2009
Posted by Gordon Haff at 9:43 AM