- Building a SaaS Application: One of the keys to success: Multi-Tenancy - Nice overview of multi-tenancy models for SaaS.
- Views From The Top - Forums - View Single Post - $25,000 fine assessed for teen hiker - This comment sums up my issues with what's going on with hiking rescue fines in NH pretty nicely.
- This tech news is not embargoed - InternetNews:The Blog - David Needle - I generally feel that embargoes are useful.
- BrokenBridge - Good detailed look at what happened with the Bay Bridge
- YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. - Videos from Google Atmosphere conference.
- James Governor's Monkchips » Towards a Permission-based Web. Wherefore Net Neutrality? Or: Maybe Open Source Wins After All - I am perhaps less convinced that Android is an elixer. Is it truly a cross-platform open environment or does it just splinter (while providing Google an entree into many different mobile phones)
- Giz Explains: Why Every Country Has a Different F#$%ing Plug - Worldwide electric plugs - Gizmodo - Fun rundown on the whys and wherefores of electrical plugs around the world.
- Who Says TV News Is Biased? TV News Viewers Do! - Tuned In - TIME.com - "One thing that annoys me about studies like this is that they force a choice among "liberal bias," "conservative bias" and "no bias." This ignores moderate bias, which absolutely exists and is arguably the most prevalent bias in traditional "mainstream" media: the general establishmentarian belief that the middle ground is probably the most rational, and that a belief that varies too far from it must necessarily be wrong, or at least require a counterbalance implying that "the truth lies somewhere in the middle.""
- Custom Camera Applications Development Using Iphone Sdk - The part of the SDK that needs to be used by third-party camera apps is pretty kludgy and limited.
- Virtual Appliances – More Risk than Reward? - Virtual machines can't be black boxes--except where they can.
- Computer History Museum | October 29, 1969 - Happy 40th Birthday to a Radical Idea! - And so Skynet was born.
- High Anxiety: Where We Won't Be Going for 2020 Olympics - The NBC reporter's question made me laugh. It is pretty inappropriate though.
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Posted by Gordon Haff at 5:39 PM