- What is Layering, and why does it matter? - Gabe Knuth - BrianMadden.com - Rundown on layering concept in client-side virtualization.
- A Visual Guide to Computer Cables and Connectors - Identify The Right Cable Easily - If you're familiar with A/V and computer hardware, there's nothing here you won't know but a nice rundown on common cabling for those who aren't.
- Kefir: Interesting Thing of the Day - I'm quite fond of Kefir.
- Schneier on Security: Ballmer Blames the Failure of Windows Vista on Security - "Security warnings are often a way for the developer to avoid making a decision."
- Mark Logic CEO Blog: Gartner Sued Over Magic Quadrant for Alleged Damages of $132M plus Punitives of $1.3B - Pretty nice summation.
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Memcached | Gear6 - A lot of these characteristics are why the idea of a memchached appliance could make sense.
- The Song Decoders at Pandora - NYTimes.com
- Code: Flickr Developer Blog » Small Bridges (to Proximate Spaces) - Some interesting stuff about the "web of data" in the context of photos and the Flickr API.
- Swissdisk suffers spectacular cloud snafu • The Register - Another online data loss. Don't think these problems negate the potential value of cloud-based storage but they do raise questions about trusting any single cloud provider for storage of primary data.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Posted by Gordon Haff at 11:58 AM