- Time says Twitter will change our lives; I Tweeted that I puked | Between the Lines | ZDNet.com - "Twitter may be doomed. Time put Twitter on the cover and dished out thousands of words of fluff about it. This Twitter love-fest is getting out of hand. Can the Time jinx be worse than the Sports Illustrated one? Why am I getting flashbacks about that Transmeta cover Red Herring did back in the day? You know the one where Transmeta was going to change everything. You’re probably asking who the hell Transmeta was? My point exactly."
- Hewlett-Packard's Move Into Software - Forbes.com - "HP's software group was a moneylosing mess when Hogan arrived at the company three years ago. "It was being run by engineers," recalls Robin Purohit, a vice president under Hogan. The group had few compelling products and no sizzle. Flamboyant sales meetings were scarce. So were outsize bonuses." Ouch.
- Five things Cassatt taught us about cloud computing | The Wisdom of Clouds - CNET News - Some good perspective from James.
- Sexy hybrid LCD/E-paper display seen in the wild | Crave - CNET - A display technology such as this is the sort of thing I imagine being a nice fit for the tablet/ebook-on-steroids device I think could be very interesting once the technology gets there.
- Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology: Your Questions Answered - Intel® Software Network - Some technical background on Hyper-Threading.
- Why do we need "Software" client hypervisors? - Gabe Knuth - BrianMadden.com - Some of the challenges around client hypervisor adoption.
- Why Robert Scoble Is Wronger About “2010 Web”: A BoomTown Translation! | Kara Swisher | BoomTown | AllThingsD - "At Web 5.0, of course, a self-aware Google (GOOG) will have begun its inevitable war with the human race, sending back a cyborg to terminate you before you wrote that post, thereby making this rebuttal moot."
Thursday, June 04, 2009
Posted by Gordon Haff at 4:43 PM