- Open-source software in the recession: Born free | The Economist - Good layman's overview on where open source stands today.
- Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations - This looks pretty good.
- Cool Tools: Theo Gray's Mad Science - Dangerous home experiments. Whee!
- Decoding antiquity: Eight scripts that still can't be read - life - 27 May 2009 - New Scientist
- Flashonomics: Buying Flash Memory - James Duncan Davidson - James Duncan Davidson - Good writeup on buying flash memory. Would love to see actual data though as opposed to a somewhat circular argument about buying name brands. (Though that's basically what I do as well.)
- Cooper's Hill Cheese-Rolling - The Big Picture - Boston.com - This is hilarious.
- Ben Casnocha: The Blog: Farmers Didn't Invent Tractors. They Were Busy Farming. - "But a lot of innovation doesn't come from the people who know the industry the best. That's because the closer you are to how something works now, the harder it is to imagine a new and better way of doing things."
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Posted by Gordon Haff at 1:32 PM