- PhotoshopDisasters: Washington Post: Unlikely - The really weird thing is that if you read through the comment thread and consider the evidence, it appears that this is not, in fact, a Photoshop job but just a weird optical illusion.
- Standalone OSS revenue to reach $4.83 billion by 2012 | Tech news blog - CNET News.com - This is not a lot of money--even if it's only a portion of the revenues related to Open Source.
- Scalent strokes physical to virtual to whatever you like play | The Register - Brilliant line from Ashlee! "Start-ups in the systems management arena tend to scare us. They promise the world and usually deliver a rundown village mired in a drought."
- NewsFactor Network | What Will It Take To Put Apple Back on Top? - It's nice to at least sometimes be able to predict the future with some accuracy.
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Killer Tips » HDR Tidbits (links, news, inspiration) - A lot of HDR is overdone but I've been meaning to try it.
- Rough Type: Nicholas Carr's Blog: The multi-tasking virus - "That minds wander is not news - "wandering" may well be the default setting for our brains - but the scale of it today does seem to be something new and remarkable."
- Yahoogle?: Microsoft Will “Let Loose the Dogs of War” | Kara Swisher | BoomTown | AllThingsD - "While I have never much liked Microsoft’s thuggish tendencies and think it’ll use particularly sneaky techniques here since they’re smarting over really blowing their attempted takeover of Yahoo, with true repercussions still to come, such pressure on a Yahoo-Google link-up is much deserved."
- Linux Hater's Blog - This is really funny. Thanks Miguel!
Friday, June 13, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 3:18 PM