- "I'm not a big fan of Istockphoto. I just think it's shitty work." (A Picture's Worth) - One of the interesting quotes from my perspective: "Once the quality of digital caught up with film there's been no looking back." This from a high-end photo buyer.
- Works In the Age of Digital Reproduction at Like It Matters - "Is it true that attribution isn’t part of traditional copyright, and therefore, that the attribution clauses in CC licensing have no teeth? Not that I’m against making the ethical claim for attribution, but if it won’t stick we shouldn’t use a quasi-legalistic posture."
- PlagiarismToday » Update: Bubble Video Reposted - Nice followup although I'm perhaps less optimistic that this incident will really bring much of a change in attitudes. But one can hope.
- At 71, Physics Professor Is a Web Star - New York Times - Physics videos from MIT's Open Courseware and others.
- Tragedy of the Commons: Lane Hartwell vs. Richter Scales | ::HorsePigCow:: marketing uncommon - Another very thoughtful piece on the Lane Hartwell/Richter Scales incident.
- FT.com / Home UK / UK - Ebay's rising star plots revamp of 'flea market'< - Balance is tough.
- Clarkvision: Film versus Digital Summary - A look at what's the digital equivalent of 35mm film.
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Posted by Gordon Haff at 7:25 PM