Wednesday, September 24, 2014

What's up with me this fall?

I’m been busy in September but have minimized the travel and even local events, in part to gain some focus time on a number of projects I needed to bang through. With October ‘round the bend though, I’ll be heading into the wild blue yonder again for speaking engagements and other purposes. My current schedule looks like the following. Feel free to reach out if you want to meet, record a podcast, or just have a beer.

  • Monktoberfest, October 2nd and 3rd, Portland ME.
  • 451 Research Hosting and Cloud Transformation Summit, October 6-8, Las Vegas, NV
  • CloudOpen/LinuxCon, October 13-15 Dusseldorf, Germany. I have two sessions. What Manufacturing Teaches us about DevOps and  The Cloud in 10,000 Words (or 10 Pictures). The former is a largely new presentation that takes a broad look at the ways in which manufacturing has evolved find parallels (and lessons for) DevOps. It’s a broader take on the process than just relatively recent lean manufacturing approaches and the like (i.e. Deming et al.). The latter is an update to the session that I gave at CloudOpen Chicago in August which looks at some of the important trends around cloud and related technologies (Big Data, IoT). 
  • CloudExpo, November 4-6, Santa Clara, CA. I’ll be doing a variant of What Manufacturing Teaches us about DevOps. I have passes for the show if you need one.
  • Amazon re:Invent, November 11-14, Las Vegas, NV. 
  • Cloud Law European Summit, November 25, London, UK. I’ll be keynoting on The Hybrid Cloud-the future of cloud computing. 

No comments: