- avast! blog » Analysis of Chinese attack against Korean banks
- New Gartner Magic Quadrant Signals an End to Traditional “Storage Arrays” « Wikibon Blog - "I’d be fascinated to see a “Skating to the Puck” Magic Quadrant that evaluates the vendors’ vision and ability to execute on developing solutions that align with the buzzwords I’ve thrown out above. I’m talking about a dramatically simplified, secure, protected, software-led, services-oriented, platform approach to storage with a set of open APIs that intelligently brings together server-side and storage innovations; and can talk block or file through an object interface. In this world, all active data will reside in flash and a single level store will extend the programming model from memory through persistent storage to eliminate both the “horrible storage stack” and an endless array of stove-piped storage OSes and controllers."
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art - Masterpieces of The Metropolitan Museum of Art - RT @emorisse: The Metropolitan Museum of Art is putting out of print catalogs online. Free.
- Cyprus is Imploding, So Why Aren't Markets Freaking Out? - The Daily Beast - "So aside from a stirring expression of national pride in the face of a stupid and shortsighted German ultimatum, I'm hard-pressed to see what is accomplished by having the Cypriot cavalry charge straight into the maw of the oncoming tanks. Of course, political systems thrive on stirring and shortsighted expressions of national pride."
- GlusterFS in AWS | Gluster Community Website - RT @Glusterorg: Planet Gluster is up to 16 syndicated blogs! Check it out -
- Free Royalty Free Music Loops and Full Length Tracks
- Adria Richards, PyCon, and How We All Lost | Amanda Blum
- This Illegally Made, Incredibly Mesmerizing Animated GIF Is What the Internet Looks Like
- Open Clouds Require Open CIOs | Cloud Computing Journal
- The Hadoop ecosystem: the (welcome) elephant in the room (infographic) — Tech News and Analysis
- Host Your Spatial Data in a PostGIS Database | OpenShift by Red Hat - RT @openshift: New Blog: Host Your Spatial Data in a PostGIS Database on #OpenShift << Latest in @TheSteve0 series
- NBC Reportedly Plans to Replace Jay Leno with Jimmy Fallon | TIME.com - "(Indeed, here’s the most hilarious line in that New York Times story: “Another complicating factor has been Mr. Leno’s continued success in the ratings.” Would that NBC had the same “complications” to worry about in any other part of its schedule!)"
- What happens in an Internet minute? - Much better than the run-of-the-mill infographic.
- Dave and Gunnar #3: Cloud, Lock-in, and Choice - RT @jkirklan: Grab it! RT @ghelleks: Dave & Gunnar #3 is up! Netflix, Google Reader, cloud lock-in, and a wolf.
- Operation Epsilon :: EDGE Boston
Monday, March 25, 2013
Posted by Gordon Haff at 4:23 PM