- 3 Predictions You Should Ignore for 2013 - Forbes - Generally agree with this. My only caveat would be that dealing with/enabling BYOD is still relatively nascent even if the overall trend is now mainstream.
- How I Explained REST to My Wife
- Amazon Web Services presentations channel - RT @stantonmjones: Cool. All the decks from AWS re: Invent
- Photos: Iconic Film Stills Photographed in Their Real-Life Locations | Vanity Fair
- To Save H.P., Break It in Two - NYTimes.com - Not sure I buy the conclusion but some good history here.
- The Series A crunch is hitting now. Have we even noticed?
- The Necronomicon as Imagined By Other Authors
- "Pippin" at the A.R.T. - YouTube
- Technology giants at war: Another game of thrones | The Economist - "“In the modern history of technology we have never seen such a highly engaged group of chief executives and founders,” says Mary Meeker, a partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, a venture-capital company."
- A Supercut of Hollywood Movies About Photographers
- Lessons from the Groupon disaster: Maybe international can wait
- Having cloud-enabled technology != Having a cloud « CloudPundit: Massive-Scale Computing - "Why is it important to make a distinction between CESI and IaaS? Because while CESI can be used to deliver IaaS, there are many services that can be delivered on top of a CESI that are not IaaS."
- The 10 Rules of Packing – Intelligent Travel - Agree with pretty much all of this except the wheeled luggage thing. (I do sometimes check luggage but avoid it whenever possible.)
- Amazon’s early efforts at cloud computing? Partly accidental - The Troposphere
- Benjamin Black — EC2 Origins
- The 20 Most-Viral Ads of 2012 | Adweek
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:17 PM