- No-Knead Bread: A Convert’s Story | Michael Ruhlman
- SF Signal: 10 Literary Novels for Genre Readers
- Kodak Is Apple in Reverse - MarketWatch - "Consider: In 1997, Kodak was worth $28 billion to Apple's $2 billion. Today, a single quarterly profit for Apple is enough to buy all of Kodak's shares--six times over."
- Watson wins it all, humans still can do some other cool things -- Engadget - Tjis is actually a pretty good summation of what Watson is and is not.
- Singularity: Kurzweil on 2045, When Humans, Machines Merge - TIME
- NASA and Census Bureau offer tips for cloud computing success - FierceGovernmentIT
- Links List 2.11.11 | ScienceLogic - Good set of cloud computing-related links.
- Web Ink Now: An open letter to journalists: You have an amazing career opportunity on the Dark Side - I agree with this... up to a point. This seems to suggest however a greater degree of editorial independence than is likely the case most of the time.
- Robert's Reader | Uncategorized | In Which I Take Issue With Felix Salmon - fully agree.
- StatusNet | Your Network - Microblogging software.
- Rest in Peace, Kenneth Harry Olsen - Linux Magazine Online
- Moving to IPv6: Now for the hard part (FAQ) | Deep Tech - CNET News - Good piece on the move to IPv6.
- The Map Room: Daniel Huffman and His River Maps - The Mississippi River system in the style of a transit map.
Friday, February 18, 2011
Posted by Gordon Haff at 1:05 PM