- 'Waterproof' Camera Group Test (Q2 2009) Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review - Nice set of reviews. Is it too much to ask that someone put an optical viewfinder on a waterproof camera?
- Open Source to Go!: The Real FLOSS Community and the "Faux FLOSS Fundamentalists" - "I've come to think of these people over the past several days as the "Faux FLOSS Fundamentalists"." A lot of truth in this although there are certainly community people who are very ideological as well.
- Maker's Schedule, Manager's Schedule - Some good thinking here. As an analyst I have to be somewhat interrupt-driven and take a lot of 30 min-1 hr briefings. Sometimes it's OK, especially as I've shifted to a heavier concentration of shorter pieces that I can crank out in between 30 mins and 2 hrs. However, more in-depth research and writing takes focus. It's hard for me to totally isolate myself but I do try to reduce the interrupt frequency, especially of lower-priority interrupts (e.g. twitter).
- How The Times' Home Page Gets Made | The New York Observer - Interesting piece. Note especially the discussion about the use (or non-use) of Web stats.
- Lobster in the rough - The Boston Globe - I'd add Young's in Belfast, ME and I find Harraseeket in S. Freeport, while in a great location, a bit inconsistent on non-lobster items but overall seems a good list.
- Nina Munk on Hard Times at Harvard | vanityfair.com - Hugely damning. I don't really have a feel for how fair it is overall.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Posted by Gordon Haff at 11:54 AM