- Last.fm Boffin - Local Radio Tech Demo [Update: 0.0.4 released!] – Audioscrobbler Beta Discussions – Last.fm - Very interesting looking tool from last.fm to tag your local music. [via Paul Lamere]
- telematics - Fascinating video of building a city. via The Long Now blog.
- The Passion of Steve Jobs - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com - “It doesn’t matter how good or bad the product is, the fact is that people don’t read anymore,” he said. “Forty percent of the people in the U.S. read one book or less last year. The whole conception is flawed at the top because people don’t read anymore.”
- Computer Data Storage Through the Ages -- From Punch Cards to Blu-Ray - Page 1 | Maximum PC - OK. I'm going to slap these guys: "And if you've lived long enough to remember the IBM Punch Card first hand, just ask and we'll SPEAK LOUDER."
- The Stock Industry May Be in Freefall, But Assignment Photography Lives On | Black Star Rising - I've read some other things suggesting microsotock has gotten more competitive in terms of quality. As I said at the time, the end game in stock seems to be at least partly along the lines of going back to professionals--but professionals making a lot less money.
- Cool Tools: SuperMagnetMan - ooh. Dangerous magnets! Yes!
- Growing Rich by Blogging Is a High-Tech Fairy Tale | Newsweek Daniel Lyons | Techtonic Shifts | Newsweek.com - Good piece on the economic of blogging.
- Facebook blinks, copies Twitter, still gets it wrong. - broadstuff - I'm not sure this is all *quite* fair but there's a lot of truth to it and it's quite funny. e.g. "Translation: By 2009 it was clear no one gives a sh*t about the Social Graph and will connect to anyone and anything they damn well want - especially Celebrities - not just their "Friends"."
Friday, March 06, 2009
Posted by Gordon Haff at 8:06 AM