- tecosystems » OS and Virtualization or Virtualization and OS: Red Hat Analyst Day - "Until such time as VMware is able to divorce the application development process - and more importantly the task of supporting the output of that development process - from the operating system itself, the latter will matter." I might add the application certification/support process but otherwise fully concur.
- A CEO's Sequoia Meeting Notes - Scary stuff.
- Digg's Kevin Rose: We've got to be more than a fanboy hub | The Social - CNET News - I suspect that taking certain paths effectively forecloses other ones.
- BuzzMachine » Blog Archive » Citizen journalism ruins the world (again) - I lean towards the biggest culprit in this case being CNN. It's inevitable that a "citizen journalism" site is going to be seen as more than a random rumor site if CNN operates it. In fact, isn't that one of the reasons that CNN is operating one?
- A.M.D. to Split Into Two Operations - NYTimes.com - Good rundown on the AMD manufacturing spinout.
- Jackson Farm Home - Sally Jackson Cheeses - I'm especially fond of the sheep cheese I got at Cowgirl Creamery.
- Republishing Email: The Great Debate - PlagiarismToday - Good precis of the legal issues--though I would think for the most part, standards of ethics and professionalism are the more important considerations in most cases.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:04 PM