Saturday, September 27, 2008
Monday, September 08, 2008
- Rough Type: Nicholas Carr's Blog: The Omnigoogle - Typically good post by Nick Carr about how essentially everything on the Internet complements Google's core ad business and makes it more money as a result. "Google wants information to be free because as the cost of information falls it makes more money."
- Real Dan Lyons Web Site » Blog Archive FT declares Android dead before it even ships « - "Google is all about solving the world’s most difficult problems — specifically, those problems that prevent Google from owning every last piece of the world." Abit over-the-top harsh I suppose (as doubtless intended). But there is an element of Google wanting to have its own version of just about everything.
- workday.com Blogs » Blog Archive » Cloud Computing - Another taxonomy view with an emphasis on the developer angle.
- Tip for MS: Fire the Advertising Agency - This sounds about right: "Yeesh. MS doesn't need an re-introduction; Vista needs one. Regardless of the actual qualities of Vista, MS has allowed the notion that it sucks to spread. That's the problem they need to deal with, and having Seinfeld imagine the PC as a piece of cake at some nebulous time in the future simply isn't the answer. "
- Sarah Palin parodies: Best humour on the web - Telegraph - Some of these are pretty good.
- Super Cat Stove - Building an alcohol stove.
Posted by Gordon Haff at 12:31 PM